With the stress of finishing up all the work before the holidays, the craziness of hunting down a million gifts for loved ones, making travel plans, and any and all the other surprises that Mercury Retrograde likes to toss in, the last thing on my mind is spending a ton of effort on holidays makeup. That being said, it's also the time of year where I like to add a little impact. After all, it is the holidays and they should be fun, right? This year, this is my holiday makeup go-to look, and it only takes a few items, and a few minutes, to get it.
I was pretty intrigued with Clarins's Lip Comfort Oil from the first time I tried it - it's nourishing, moisturizing, and looks fantastic on its own. But since it's the holidays, I topped it off with Clarins's Joli lipstick in their new shade of Rouge. It is the perfect holiday red, by the way, and super moisturizing in it own right.
I went with Honey Glam for the Lip Comfort Oil, which has a slightly honey hue and a dash of shimmer. After applying my Joli lipstick on top of my first layer of Lip Comfort Oil, I topped it off with a little dab on the bottom lip to plump up the look for some serious pout.
But here's where my favorite hack comes in....
Using my finger, I dabbed Lip Comfort Oil on my lids for a high gloss, high shine look that lasted all night long without a single smear. Not only did it not smear, but it didn't melt or stick to my eyelids - and I only need a single coat of mascara (and zero eyeliner) to make my eyes pop!
I applied two layers for extra shimmer, but I'm also planning on wearing one coat for day. Jump below to get the whole makeup how-to...
- Start with your foundation done and brows groomed.
- Apply Lip Comfort Oil in Honey Glam to lips
- Apply bronzer but as a blush, only onto the apples of your cheeks (don't contour)
- Apply JOLI lipstick in Rouge to your lips
- Use your finger to add a dab of Lip Comfort Oil in Honey Glam to the center of your bottom lip for extra fullness
- Use as separate (clean) finger to apply Lip Comfort Oil in Honey Glam to your lids, but do not go above the crease.
- Reapply Lip Comfort Oil in Honey Glam to your lids for added buildup/impact (optional)
In partnership with Clarins