One issue with living in Joshua Tree is that my favorite hair people all live in San Francisco, which make seeing them on a regular basis a little bit tricky. And because I'm not a huge fan of trying new stylists, I'd much rather wait it out till my next trip north than find someone local.
Luckily, I came across MadisonReed, which is a company after my own heart - they provide luxurious hair-care products that make you feel like you've stepped out of the salon every time you use them. Even more so, they are a company who believes in using ingredients that are good for you - instead of harsh chemicals that can hurt your hair more than help.
Instead of going on and on about the ingredients in their products (which I nerded out on for quite a while and you can do the same here), I thought I would share a few tips and tricks for using one of my favorite products of theirs, the Color Reviving Gloss.
I've already posted a tutorial on how to use it on my Insta stories (which is still live right now) but I thought I would add a few tips that really got me incredible results:
WHEN USING THE COLOR REVIVING GLOSS:
1. Make sure your hair is bone dry and as free of product as possible: this will help your hair absorb the product better and will give you even results
2. Know when to start your 35 minutes: Because application is easy and relatively quick to apply, I started counting my 35 minutes after I had finished saturating my hair with the product. This means the top probably got a few extra minutes - but the results were even and gorgeous!
3. Use shampoos and conditioners without sulfates (aka sodium lauryl sulfates): Not only do sulfates strip your hair of moisture, but can also strip your hair of color.
4. Wash your hair at the most every other day to make your color last
5. Re-apply the Color Reviving Gloss every 2-4 weeks (or every 6-8 shampoos) to keep your color fresh and gorgeous!
Aside from the Color Reviving Gloss, here are a few other MadisonReed products I really enjoy:
Photos by me
In collaboration with Madison Reed and Shopping Links, however all opinions are my own